Prevent Blindness is Seeking Qualified Candidates for the Following Open Positions
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator role resides within the Marketing, Communications, and Development team at Prevent Blindness. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
A. Supports traditional and social media functions, as assigned. Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and posting social media content
- Producing monthly monitoring reports for traditional and social media placements, both for the national and affiliate offices
- Assistance with media list building, maintenance
B. Supports video production efforts (YouTube/social media videos), as assigned. Responsibilities may include:
- Scheduling interviews
- Liaising with Public Health and Policy team for content, etc.
- Posting videos on social media
C. Assists graphic design, translation, and production efforts, as assigned. Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating large print jobs/mailings
- Securing pricing quotes/bids for printed materials
- Managing graphics/fact sheets for compliance and updating
- Organizing graphic design drive folders and materials
- Coordinating Spanish translation for fact sheets, graphics/social media posts (with contracted and/or internal staff translators), etc.
D. Assists with other functions, as assigned by supervisor.
Ideal Experience and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing and/or business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or ability to translate from English to Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in graphic design preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to distinguish what is significant and to set priorities.
- Ability to carry on simultaneously a variety of programs and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This is a 37.5-hour a week position with full benefits based in Chicago.
- The Prevent Blindness staff is working a hybrid schedule, and is taking all necessary precautions due to COVID.
- This role requires working at the Chicago office 1-2 times a week.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly communicate with others and to operate office equipment such as computers, cellphones, calculators, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets, and must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The workplace is a smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Commensurate with experience. Excellent employee benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kyra Vaughn at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Prevent Blindness recognizes that in order to fulfill its mission to prevent blindness and preserve sight, it must acknowledge the diverse makeup of its clients and the people who work to fulfill the mission. This mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to inclusiveness as a core policy and fundamental operating principle.
Read the Prevent Blindness Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy Statement