Prevent Blindness and Children’s Vision
We work to make sure that everyone has a chance to enjoy a lifetime of healthy vision, starting in infancy and childhood. Find out more about how we help children see well to grow and learn.
More About Our Sight-Saving Work
We provide information, resources, and technical assistance; influence public policy; help shape public health systems of care.
- We increase awareness and educate the public on the importance of taking care of their eyes.
- We advocate for public policy and resources that ensure everyone has affordable, accessible, and quality eye care options; these include preventive vision screenings, comprehensive eye exams and appropriate treatment, and low vision devices.
- We provide patient support through education and awareness campaigns, free/low-cost eye care assistance through industry partnerships, and programs that empower individuals living with vision challenges – and their caregivers.
- Our National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health is strengthening public health systems that advance a continuum of vision care for young children by helping states strengthen screening protocols, improve access to exams and treatment, bolster capacity for surveillance and develop measurements for success.
- We serve as a resource for public health professionals on areas related to eye health through an annual national eye health summit, webinars, allied health education, surveillance efforts, research grants, and professional recognition awards.
Founded in 1908, Prevent Blindness has become the nation’s leading volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight. Focused on promoting a continuum of vision care, Prevent Blindness touches the lives of millions of people each year.
Annual Report and Financial Information
Read our latest annual report and financial disclosure statements.
Fulfilling our sight-saving mission is possible only with the support and generosity of our many visionary partners.
Board of Directors
Find out more about our volunteer leadership.
You Can Help
Your tax-deductible contribution to support the sight-saving work of Prevent Blindness will help more Americans enjoy a lifetime of healthy vision. Please give the gift of sight, and make a donation today.
Stay in Touch!
Subscribe to our eNewsletter for regular eye health and safety news from Prevent Blindness.