Program Dates: September 22–November 14
Registration for the Fall 2023 program has now closed. If you are interested in hearing about future art therapy programs for people with thyroid eye disease (TED) and their care partners, please sign up for our waitlist: https://www.cognitoforms.com/PreventBlindness2/ArtTherapyProgramWaitlist
This eight (8) week program typically takes place in Fall and Spring.
The Prevent Blindness Art Therapy Program participants will:
- Join eight (8) weekly 2-hour virtual sessions* from the comfort of their own home.
- Build community and connections with other people who are affected by TED.
- Create art using a variety of artistic media to express thoughts and feelings.
- Interact with registered art therapists who will tailor the program topics, themes and materials for people affected by TED.
- Explore art therapy as a way to cope with feelings of isolation, anxiety and depression.
*Please note :the majority of the session will be dedicated to making and creating art and participants will not need to focus on a screen during art-making time.
Who is eligible to apply?
Individuals with Thyroid Eye Disease and their care partners (spouses, family members, friends, loved ones). Prior experience is not necessary. Individuals who are not artists or do not consider themselves creative can still benefit and should consider participating.
Benefits of participating in the Prevent Blindness Art Therapy program
- Art therapy has been shown to help people improve their mental, emotional and even physical wellness
- The process of creating art in a group setting can help reduce anxiety and depression, provide a way to express difficult emotions in a creative manner, and reduce isolation, which could be particularly important for people experiencing the challenging symptoms of TED.
- The opportunity to build new connections, help yourself, and help others by sharing stories and experiences.
When will sessions take place?
For the fall 2023 program, sessions will take place between September 22–November 14.
The Prevent Blindness Art Therapy Program and art materials required for participation will be offered to participants for free, thanks to generous grants from Horizon Therapeutics and Viridian Therapeutics. Capacity is limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Email us at [email protected].