The National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health Webinar Series on the Vision Health of Children with Special Needs Presents:
Empowering Families for Children’s Vision
Thursday, May 12, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern
Join us for the third webinar in our series on the Vision Health of Children with Special Needs to learn how parents can advocate for their children’s vision health. In this webinar, a parent of a child with special learning needs and a vision disorder will share her story. Participants will learn how to identify and best use the variety of community, medical, and school resources to enhance the vision health of children with special needs. Participants will also learn how eye care providers work with parents to make an early diagnosis of vision problems and to help ensure the best possible vision outcomes. Parents/guardians and professionals are invited to this webinar, which will address children ages 3 through 8 years.
- Nicole Pratt, MAT, BS – Parent Advocate and PTI Senior Parent Professional Staff Trainer; FASD Project Coordinator/Trainer, SPAN – Parent Advocacy Network (New Jersey)
- Robin Adair Shannon, DNP, RN, NCSN, APHN-BC, FNASN – Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of the School Nurse Certificate Program at the University of Illinois Chicago College of Nursing. Co-editor of the National Association of School Nurses’ School Nursing: A Comprehensive Textbook,3rd
- Terry Schwartz, MD – Professor of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and University of Cincinnati; Medical Director of the Cincinnati Children’s Pediatric Low Vision Program and the West Virginia University Eye Institute’s Children’s Vision Rehabilitation Program
- Nicole Guysi, Parent and Transition Technician, Peoria Unified School District, Arizona
Parents, guardians, and caregivers of children with special health and learning needs.
Individuals who work with preschool and elementary children with special health and learning needs, including:
- Child Care Health Consultants
- Early Care and Education Professionals
- Head Start Health Managers and Staff
- Home visitors
- Medical Care Providers.
- School Nurses
- Special Education Staff
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Certificates of Attendance will be available.